Friday 14th October - Dress Down Day - 50p contribution
Headteacher - Ms J Denning
Welcome to the Catherine Junior School Website.
Catherine Junior School is a special place where children feel safe and secure. They trust the staff to look after them and sort out any issue they may have.
We moved into our new school in June 2014. This purpose built primary school helps us to deliver an interesting and vibrant curriculum for all our children.
We have over 480 children at our school, aged from 7-11 years of age. One of the amazing things about our school is how our different communities come together to create a very rich cultural mix which we celebrate and share well.
We have a committed staff team who are dedicated to helping each child make the best possible progress. We use many strategies to support learning. These include high staff-to-pupil ratios, targeted group work, bi-lingual support and mentoring programmes. We aim to ensure that our children enjoy and achieve in all areas of their personal, social and academic education.
We recognise that the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our pupils is of fundamental importance in the ‘whole child’ education we strive to achieve. It is taught through every subject of the curriculum and in extra-curricular activities and in RE and SMSC. It supports all areas of learning and is key to a child’s motivation to learn. We recognise that such development is most successful when the values and attitudes promoted by all the staff provide a model of behaviour for our pupils. In later years it can enrich the individual’s appreciation of life’s experiences and their relationships with others.
At Catherine Junior School we encourage:
- the child’s ability to make judgements about how to behave and act and the reasons for such behaviour.
- the child’s ability to distinguish ‘right’ from ‘wrong’ and towards acting consistently with their beliefs and with a view to the consequences of their own and others’ actions.
- respect for the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- the ability to develop a personal code of behaviour i.e. telling the truth, being honest, respect for justice and respect for property.
The majority of our children transfer to us from Catherine Infant School. Our pupils usually transfer to either Soar Valley College or Rushey Mead Secondary School at 11.
Ms Joy Denning - Headteacher
From September 2016 the school will be cashless. All dinner money, trips, swimming and aftercare will need to be paid online.
Your child will have received a letter with instructions and guidance.
If you need another copy please ask the school office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For easy access please click on the link below.
Latest Catherine Junior Events
- Anti Bullying Week14Nov2016
If you have parental responsibility for your child, but live apart please click on the link below for more information: