Catherine Junior School

Together, we can do it!

SEND Parents Support

We know that parents are the experts on their children especially when it comes to Special Needs. We want to help parents to be aware of what they are able to access to better support their child. 
Applying for an EHCP (Education Health and Care Plan):
Parents can apply for an EHCP themselves. It is recommended that parents speak to the SENDCO before doing this.  More information can be found here:
The Local Authority encourage parents to apply for Statutory Assessment for ECHP via the Citizens Portal, for those without internet access the traditional process of course remains.

Citizens Portal Link:


If you have any queries re the portal, please refer to the attached guidance as we hope all answers are here, if you experience any issues, please contact