Project Based Learning
What is PBL?
PBL stands for Project Based Learning! Every term, the teachers plan an exciting project which is based on a question. For example, ‘What is the future for life on Earth?’
These projects are:
- Based on authentic, real world enquiry
- We make links with the community and ‘professional’ experts
- Work is in depth, based around an essential question
- Outcomes are expected to be the highest standard
- Progression of skills is tracked and monitored via a rubric, which children stuck in their books
- All final outcomes are exhibited and friends and family are invited to see the amazing work children have done!
This is what our children think about PBL:
This is what our parents think about PBL: